The following steps fixed my graphics 100% and I have experienced the best Graphics Performance I've ever seen using any Intel card, I guess you don't have to worry about any damage to your machine as you can always revert to your previous kernel once you experience any problems with the new one:
- Download the following files:
- Install them. If you don't know how to do that, then just create a folder and put them all in there, open a terminal and navigate to that folder and then run "sudo dpkg -i *.deb"
- Reboot the machine
Note: A problem that I faced is that the "linux-restricted-modules***" deb package which comes with every Kernel package developed in Ubuntu is not available! This package contains some drivers that you might need. For example, I was using "ndiswrapper" and/or "madwifi" drivers for my Atheros Wireless card and they both are not available (yet) after doing the above, but I found a much better driver (ath5k) that was much faster and even the wireless LED finally worked:
- Download and extract the following file: http://www.orbit-lab.org/kernel/compat-wireless-2.6-stable/v2.6.30/compat-wireless-2.6.30.tar.bz2
- open a terminal and navigate to its folder
- run "make", note that this will take some time
- run "sudo make install"
- After finishing, just run "sudo make load" and if it doesn't work you can simply reboot your machine